We have quite a few things to catch up on, so here's a quick look at what we've been up to.
Brycson started his first season of soccer last fall. He had a great coach, who was very patient with our little chatterbox. He made a couple of good friends that are on his team again this year and who will also be starting kindergarten with him. It was fun to see him get out and meet new friends and get some fresh air and exercise.
Brycson started his second and last year of pre-school in September. Apparently he also entered the awkward smile, look away from the camera stage! ;)
We celebrated Halloween. Camron was awfully proud of his Autobot pumpkin. Brycson was a big fan too!
Brycson decided he wanted to be a pirate this year. I lucked out when I stopped at Smiths for milk on my way home from work at midnight. I wandered through their little Halloween aisle and found a pirate costume that was just his size. I think he wore it everyday up until Halloween. The only catch was he needed new "Pirate Boots," aka cowboy boots. I had a hard time spending the money on them just for a costume, but he has worn them every day since. I'm sure he'll wear them with shorts this summer. I think we got our money's worth!
We announced we were pregnant with baby #3 around Christmas.
Our family tradition is each family member gets to pick a new ornament for our tree. You can pick whatever you want. No one can veto your choice. To say the least we have some interesting ornaments! This year we had to find an ornament for Makayla as well. Camron and I were getting so discouraged trying to find one for her. We wandered the Christmas aisles of many different stores, looking for the "perfect" ornament. Camron happened to wander down a random aisle at Walmart, just past all the Christmas stuff, and found these ornaments hanging there. We got the last daughter and sister one they had. It was a tiny Christmas miracle!
I didn't have to work on Christmas this year, so it was fun to get to spend both Christmas Eve and Christmas morning with my family.
We learned that if you give Mylie her present first she leaves you alone while everyone else is opening their presents. This bacon filled chew toy was a big hit!
Brycson celebrated his 5th birthday in January. We can't believe he's five already! I made him his favorite breakfast...French Toast! He had a fun party at school with all of his friends and picked Red Robin for dinner. For weeks before his birthday he kept telling me how I was going to put him to bed, have everyone come over and then wake him up for his surprise birthday party. He didn't quite understand the whole surprise concept. With a little bit of last minute planning, my family lovingly broke into our house that night while we were at dinner and hid in the kitchen. He was pretty sad when we pulled in the driveway thinking it was just going to be the three of us for cake and presents. Boy was he surprised when he turned the corner and flipped on the light. I think we got him pretty good!
I bagged the whole fondant cake this year, and convinced him to let me do an M&M cake instead. So much easier!
I think this is the first year Brycson has really gotten in to all of the Easter festivities. He certainly enjoyed the huge egg hunt at Grandma Kriste's and Grandpa Frank's!
Of course the Easter Bunny had to hide his basket in our newly re-done shower! Brycson still can't believe he didn't wake Camron and I up when he came in to hide it! I guess we sleep a little too deep! ;)
Brycson in his Easter church clothes! He's starting to look so grown up!
I think that catches us up a little! Enjoy!
No comments:
Post a Comment