So as I look back at our blog, it's been so focused on the gloom and doom of Makayla's passing. We continue to have so many other great things going on in our life that need to be documented also! I have so much catching up to do. That will come in time! Our life and home right now is filled with tools, destruction and dust. We love our new house! I'm slowly starting to decorate more and every day it is feeling more like home. However, our house is 30+ years old. Although the previous owners updated many things including adding a deck to the back that we absolutely love, there were a couple of rooms in the house that were left needing attention, and our home is covered in what we like to call "industrial/apartment" carpet. We knew with time they were things we were willing to work to change. The time for change has come! We have been working on updating the master and main bathrooms and when those projects are finished we have brand new carpet ordered and ready to be installed. Slowly but surely we are making our home our own!
Camron started the master bathroom re-model back in December. Due to our crazy work schedules he was only able to work on it during the little free time he had. With the change in his work schedule he has been able to crank things out over the last few weeks and we finally were able to use our new and improved master bathroom this week! He worked so hard and did such a wonderful job! I can't wait to get Brycson's bathroom done, get the carpet installed and be done with projects for a while!
Our super 70's master bathroom with blue marble countertops!
Since we can't afford to replace the cabinets and countertops right now, I decided to paint the countertops to make them more liveable!
Our lovely linoleum floors!
And our moldy, hard water stained, blue speckled shower!
The demolition begins!
New cement walls and floor. Almost ready to tile!
New tile floor!
New Shower! Camron hated putting in all the shelves, but they turned out so nice!
And because he loves me so much, he even put in a single shelf in the opposite corner so I would have somewhere to rest my foot when I shave my legs!
This faucet was a nightmare to say the least! We definitely learned a ton about plumbing!
All cleaned up and in working order! We just need to order a new shower door, replace the baseboards, do some touch-up painting where we installed a light in the shower and where the old walls took some paint off, and this project is officially completed. Camron worked so hard and did a wonderful job for it being his first tiling job ever! So glad to have it done!
2 comments:
Looks awesome Amy!! Its nice to do it your self and save some dough! Though that way its easy to put it off too. We have lived in a small mess for a while because i can't get motivation to paint the room we closed off or finish the paint in my laundry room. But the finished result is so gratifying!! Your countertops turned out great too. Shelly painted hers as well since it can be so pricey to switch out. We need to come see your home!! Hope you are feeling well with this pregnancy. Love ya!
I agree! That does look awesome! Don't worry about the blogging thing...I feel the same way about mine cuz I was having so much trouble while Tyler was gone this last time and haven't blogged in 6 months. I guess it's time again for me too :) Love you!
Post a Comment