Brycson Says...

Camron was watching a soccer game, and yelling at the TV....
Brycson: "Dad, don't fight about it, just watch it!"

Caught him climbing on his crib
Mom: "eh, eh, eh, we don't climb on our crib. Get down."
Brycson: "Why not?"

Sitting at the dinner table....
Brycson: "Me all done."
Mom: "No, I don't think you're done just yet."
Brycson: "Uh, huh..I said so!"

Mom: "Are you ready for a bath now?"
Brycson: "Not t'white." (Not quite)

Following Nicole on our way home. We turned one way Nicole went the other...
Brycson: "Oh no, where Tole go?"
Mom: " I don't know, I guess we lost her."
Brycson: "Oh no, what we go do?" (what are we going to do?)

Mom: "What kind of Birthday cake do you want?"
Brycson:" Talk tic (Chocolate), noooo..Star bree (Strawberry)"
Mom: "So what kind do you want?"
Brycson: "Talk Tic."

Grandma Trudy: "Thanks for being such a good boy while we went shopping."
Brycson: "Me awesome!"

Picking dinner off of the menu at Training Table...
Mom: " What are you going to have for dinner?"
Brycson: "Dis won" (Pointing to a HUGE hamburger)
Mom: "I think that's too big for your mouth."
Brycson: "I cut it Mom!"


11.11.2011

Blog Challenge Finale!

Since we're almost two weeks into November now, I probably should finish up my October posts!

Day 29: What are your beliefs as far as where you think your Angel is? Will you see each other again?

I do believe that I will see Makayla again. I believe that I will get a chance to raise her again. We were just meant to have a bigger family in Heaven, than we were here on Earth. I believe that she is up in Heaven doing very important work. Work so important that she was chosen as a special spirit to help complete it. For this purpose she was only able to be with me for such a short time. I believe that she is watching over us. She will forever be a part of our Eternal Family!

Day 30: How are you preparing for the end of the year? (ie: holidays, starting a new year)

Halloween was a really hard day for me. Much harder than I expected. Again, I think about the things that I would have been doing/should have been doing. I dropped Brycson off at his school costume party and cried all the way to my Mom's. I told Camron that night that if such a silly holiday like Halloween can make me this depressed, I just want to skip over Thanksgiving and Christmas. I have to work on Thanksgiving, so hopefully that day won't be too much of a problem. I have no idea how I will handle Christmas. I'm expecting it to be pretty difficult. Brycson and I have already talked about decorating her gravesite. I plan on getting her a stocking and an ornament for the tree. I've kind of thought that because we won't be buying gifts for her this Christmas, maybe supporting a child in need and getting gifts for a child off the "Angel Tree" instead. I find that kind of fitting. I have yet to run that idea past Camron. We will always try and include her in holidays as much as we can. However, I am way over this year, and am looking forward to starting a new year and getting a fresh start on life. Here's hoping the new year brings many happy and exciting things!

Day 31: Do you feel like 31 days has helped you open up about your Angel and your grief?

I think this challenge has been very helpful. I have always tried to be pretty open about Makayla, and answer most questions that come my way. I don't want people to feel uncomfortable talking about her with me. I feel like this has been a great opportunity to let out some of my raw feelings and emotions that maybe others had not seen or felt yet. Maybe I was able to answer questions that others had, but were too afraid to ask. I am grateful that I was able to dedicate a whole month to remembering my little lady and the tremendous impact she has had on our lives. She will forever be a part of us. Though we can't hold her in our arms we will forever hold her in our hearts. I am grateful to call Makayla mine, and be the Mother to such a wonderful and special little spirit.

1 comment:

Laura Jansson said...

Amy, I have enjoyed so much reading all of your posts during October about Makayla. I love how honest & open you have been in all of your answers. You are a great example of faith & endurance through this incredibly challenging year. I pray that as you celebrate the holidays & remember your angel that you will be blessed with peace & comfort. Thank you again for sharing a bit of yourself & Makayla.

Visits from my friends