I came upon this poem while looking for mother's day ideas, and loved it. It helped me realize that the time I have to spend with my little man is precious, and will go by so fast. It's so easy for me to get caught up in the list of daily chores, and leave Brycson to entertain himself; but piles of laundry, dusty furniture, and dirty bathrooms will never end and are never going to go away. However, as I see more and more every day, Brycson isn't going to stay little forever and I need to cherish the time I have to spend with him. Being a mother is one of the most challenging things I've ever done, but the rewards are endless. He truly is the light of my life. I'm so grateful that I am a mother. Happy Mother's Day to all you lovely mothers out there. You're hard work and sacrifices don't go unnoticed. I hope you all had a wonderful day.
My little buddy...the reason I get to have Mother's Day!
What Did I Do Today?
Today I left some dishes dirty,
The bed got made around 3:30.
The diapers soaked a little longer,The odor grew a little stronger.
The crumbs I spilled the day before
Are staring at me from the floor.
The fingerprints there on the wall
Will likely be there still next fall.
The dirty streaks on those windowpanes
Will still be there next time it rains.
Shame on you, you sit and say,
Just what did you do today?
I held a baby till she slept,
I held a toddler while she wept.
I played a game of hide and seek,
I squeezed a toy so it would squeak.
I pulled a wagon, sang a song,
Taught a child right from wrong.
What did I do this whole day through?
Not much that shows,
I guess that's true.
Unless you think that what I've done,
Might be important to someone
With deep blue eyes and soft blonde hair,
If that is true...I've done my share
3 comments:
I'm not going to lie... Brycson kind of looks like the young version of the Grinch in this picture (minus being green and Hairy)
I was thinking a ticked off hamster! Unfortunately there aren't a whole lot of pictures of him and me.
Love that poem, it is so sweet!
Post a Comment