This phrase has never been more true at our house lately. I'll break it down in sections...Let's start with "Trick or Treat." We've had to ease Brycson into the idea of Halloween this year. Last year he just wore whatever we put on him, it was great! This year he thinks he needs to have an opinion about it. Since we're so poor I was worried about finding a costume that wouldn't cost an arm and a leg. He's really into Elmo and Shrek right now, so I thought those might be good options. Everything I looked at was ridiculously expensive. We found an Elmo costume at Wal-Mart for $20. I was so excited but couldn't afford it at the time. Nicole was with us and remembered that she had been given a Cookie Monster costume that was the exact same type as the Elmo. I figured what the heck, it's free and he likes "Cookie" too. No such luck, he hated it. He would not put it on. We tried Camron's Mom's whole box of costumes...nothing. We decided he was excited enough about the Elmo costume that we would try that. He wouldn't even put it on in the store so I figured if I was gonna fight with a costume anyway, I'd fight him on the free one! We let him pick out his own trick-or-treat bucket and we have been practicing ever since. He knocks on the door, yells "Tick Teeeeet" and Grandma and Grandpa give him a candy. We've still got some work ahead of us, but hopefully Halloween night will be a fun one for him. We'll keep our fingers crossed!


Our little monster...I mean...Cookie Monster!!!
So now on to "Smell My Feet." Brycson's new favorite thing is to take off his shoes and make us smell his "Tinky" feet. He'll say "Mom, tinky" and hold up his feet. I'll smell them, scream and cover my nose. He just laughs and laughs, followed by "again, again, tinky." Dad has to smell them, then he says "Grandma, Grandpa too." He feels so cool making everyone smell his feet. I have never heard him laugh so hard. I was crying, from laughing so hard the first night he did it. He started smelling his own feet and grabbing his nose and falling over. It's pretty funny. He's such a nut!
Finally to the "Gimme Somethin' Good To Eat." Brycson has taken a new liking to helping Grandma Kriste cook. He has to have his own bowl, with his own ingredients too. Don't try to give him pretend ingredients either, it won't fly. He loves to "mix it, mix it" and has to stand right next to her at the counter. It's twice the work for Grandma, but Brycson loves it. I think his favorite part is licking the beaters. What kid doesn't like that, right?! We've had some pretty good messes, but he's becoming quite the chef boyardee. He is now working on helping Grandpa with his nightly milk shakes saying "grandpa, shake it, shake it," and also helped Camron make some brownies. Funny how he only wants to help with the desserts!



If you've noticed we definitely have our hands full with this kid, but, he makes us laugh daily and is by far the cutest kid ever. He's talking up a storm, and is talking in sentences. This amazes me everyday. He says things I didn't even know he knew how to say somedays and just floors me with how smart he is. He's so much fun!
6 comments:
That kid is a little goof ball!! I can't wait to see him in his costume on Halloween night! He is too cute! I love him!!
What a funny kid! He makes me laugh!
Wow, you are good to try so hard with the costume. I would just be glad I didn't have to buy one and hope for better luck next year! He is getting so big! Maybe we'll get to see you when Jess is in town soon.
What a little stud! I can't believe how big he is getting!! I HEART THE COOKIE MONSTER!!! let's make sure he goes for that one.
Yea! I can't wait to see him! You'll have to bring him over to play with the puppies at my mom's house!
we'll show him what "tinky" feet are... :D
Post a Comment