Brycson Says...

Camron was watching a soccer game, and yelling at the TV....
Brycson: "Dad, don't fight about it, just watch it!"

Caught him climbing on his crib
Mom: "eh, eh, eh, we don't climb on our crib. Get down."
Brycson: "Why not?"

Sitting at the dinner table....
Brycson: "Me all done."
Mom: "No, I don't think you're done just yet."
Brycson: "Uh, huh..I said so!"

Mom: "Are you ready for a bath now?"
Brycson: "Not t'white." (Not quite)

Following Nicole on our way home. We turned one way Nicole went the other...
Brycson: "Oh no, where Tole go?"
Mom: " I don't know, I guess we lost her."
Brycson: "Oh no, what we go do?" (what are we going to do?)

Mom: "What kind of Birthday cake do you want?"
Brycson:" Talk tic (Chocolate), noooo..Star bree (Strawberry)"
Mom: "So what kind do you want?"
Brycson: "Talk Tic."

Grandma Trudy: "Thanks for being such a good boy while we went shopping."
Brycson: "Me awesome!"

Picking dinner off of the menu at Training Table...
Mom: " What are you going to have for dinner?"
Brycson: "Dis won" (Pointing to a HUGE hamburger)
Mom: "I think that's too big for your mouth."
Brycson: "I cut it Mom!"


10.21.2008

1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10 no more 11!

I'd like to start this post off by saying that my son is such a champ and one of the bravest kids ever! Brycson had his hand surgery yesterday and everything went great! Shriner's Hospital was WONDERFUL and we will forever be indebted to them for all of their great help and care. Our day started off early. We had to be there to check in at 6:00 am. Brycson was wide awake and saying Hi to everyone. We got settled in our room, and got to hang out until about 10:00! Brycson loved playing in his cool new bed, and got to watch all of his regular morning shows. The surgeon's assistant came in and met Brycson, and marked his hand with a smiley face. He loved that and kept showing it to everyone. We quickly had to step in and say that only the doctor can write on your hand, Brycson can only write on paper! Then he got to meet the "Toy Lady." She came in to see what Brycson liked to do, what movies, books, etc. he enjoyed, in order to make his stay more enjoyable. We went and got some books for him and then she came back with some toys he could play with, and even brought one in that was brand new, in the box, and told him he could take it home! He was so excited! After more waiting the nurse came in and gave him some medication that would make him sleepy. We got him in his gown, which he HATED, and they came to take him down to the "Holding Room," where they got him ready for surgery. The medicine they gave him to make him sleepy was also supposed to help him forget, so in case he cried going back, he would hopefully not remember that he even left us when he woke up. Well, not our son, he remembered seeing the big "Monster's Inc." figures at the doors to the operating room and where he kept putting the stickers on Mom, Dad, and in his bed, it was pretty funny. Fortunately for us, Brycson being the GREAT kid that he is, gave us all a hug and a "smooch" told all of us "bye, bye" and went with the nurse into the O.R. no tears at all. (well, at least not from Brycson. Mom, Dad, and Grandma were a different story) His surgery went great, he was in surgery for about an hour and then came back to us, waiting in his room,about an hour after that. The surgeon said he had a lot of things going on in his little finger, it even had two tendons instead of one. Anyway, he woke up, and was happy as could be. He did pull his bandage off in about 2.7 seconds which didn't make anyone including the Dr. very happy, but we quickly fixed that with tape that's a little stickier. He complained a little about it hurting, but did very well nonetheless. He drank a whole apple juice and ate a cup of pudding with no problems, didn't get sick at all, and they sent us home at about 3:00 pm. He has to keep the bandage on for a week and then we can take it off. I will post pictures of his new and improved five fingered hand then.
We couldn't have asked for things to go better. Brycson was such a champ and did so well, we still can't believe it. He's hardly had to have any medicine for pain and is back to his old shinanigans already! This whole process has shown me how much Heavenly Father really understands us and knows us individually, and really does answer prayers. It was frustrating when the surgery got cancelled last month, but it was a blessing in disguise. Timing was much better this month as far as my school schedule went. I can spend the whole week at home with him this time. I was a nervous wreck last month preparing for it, and was stressing over the fact that I was freaking out and how was I supposed to comfort Brycson when I was such a wreck. He would be able to pick up on my stress and not do well himself. This go around I prayed every night that Brycson would handle everything well, and I would be able to remain calm and be comforted. Well, I was overwhelmingly and surprisingly calm yesterday and the days before. Everyone asked me if I wanted a blessing after Brycson, but I didn't, I was doing well. I was able to stay calm and didn't really get nervous or emotional until we had to tell him goodbye. Brycson did so well and didn't cry at all it was such a blessing that everything went as smoothly as it did. Our prayers were truly answered. Shriner's was wonderful, and if you ever think about donating to a charity please keep them in mind. The people are some of the nicest we've met and they truly are there for the children and their families. They treated Brycson like a little King. Thanks for all of your thoughts, prayers and support. We'll keep you posted on his progress!

Waiting patiently with his new horse "Browny" or Barney, as Brycson says it!
He HATED getting in his gown!
Showing off his Smiley Face hand!
The Little People Dinoland they gave him to take home...Way too generous!

Back from surgery, still a little groggy. Watching Shrek after he woke up

Grandma Trudy made him a new blanket with a matching pillow for recovery! The BIG band-aid

This is all the fun stuff Brycson got to bring home. He got the Horse when we checked in, the dinoland toy to play with and take home while he was waiting, and he came back from surgery with the blanket in his crib. He also got another teddy bear when we left to go home.They were way too kind!

7 comments:

Jessica said...

I'm SO happy to hear all went well and that Brycson did so much better than mom and dad :)! We'll keep him in our prayers for a quick recovery!

Heather said...

Wow, what a story. I am glad that it went so well, It is so hard when they are so little and have to go through things like that.

Springer Family said...

I am so happy it went so well. They really did take care of you and him. What a tough little guy, that is a lot to go through in one day. I am so glad he is back to his old shinanigans or however you say that.

DavidErinDennis said...

That's so great that everything went well with the surgery and that Brycson did so well. I'm so happy to hear how things went, I've been thinking about you guys and the surgery the past couple of weeks.

Laura Jansson said...

wow! how amazing! that is so great that the surgery went so well! what an amazing hospital! can't wait to see that cute little 5 fingered hand ;)

Brandon Wright said...

Amy, we were very glad to hear the surgery went well. What a trooper! I mean you too! :) That had to be very hard to let your baby go into surgery alone but I'm sure he did well from what you said. YEAH FOR EVERYTHING GOING AS PLANNED! We love you guys and are glad your all happy and healthy!

Michelle said...

That has got to be the worst moment, when you have to say goodbye and watch them be wheeled into surgery without you. I've been there, and it is gut-wrenching. I'm so glad it all went well and that you (and he) and holding up. Heavenly Father really does help us through these things.

Visits from my friends