Camron began demo on Brycson's bathroom. It had the same 70's linoleum as the master bathroom and white countertops with stellar gold flecking throughout. Once again I painted these countertops as well to make them more livable. We did the same tile on the floor as we did in the master as well. This was supposed to be the "EASY" bathroom. We found lots of mold and other plumbing problems that made us strip the walls down to the studs and replace some of the sub-flooring.
Camron was finally able to begin tiling!!
I was able to clean the bathroom and get it all set up the day before Dylan. It's soooo nice having two working bathrooms again! Camron did a wonderful job. So grateful for my little handy man hubby.
We desperately wanted to get new carpet. The existing carpet we were willing to live with when we moved in, but the longer we were in the house the more we realized it had to go. We ended up buying a remnant piece that was just a few yards shy of being able to complete the area we were re-carpeting. So, we decided to put laminate flooring in the nursery with a large rug that would match the other carpet. In order to save money Camron installed the flooring himself. With help from his dad and brother, they cranked it out in one day and it looks so nice. We really like how it turned out.
All we need is the new baseboards and this room will be complete!
Again to save money we opted to tear out all of our old carpet. Camron, his mom, dad and brother came over to help. Originally we had scheduled the carpet to be installed in two days. Half the house on one day and the other half the next day. So we only ripped out half the house. Well, when the installers came the next morning, they were planning on doing the whole house and would not be able to come the next day. Camron frantically began calling helpers in to help rip out the rest of the carpet. I was super stressed thinking all the furniture was just going to be thrown everywhere in trying to hurry. The most frustrating thing about this whole project was the fact that I was nine months pregnant and unable to help with anything. I like to be in control too much I guess. Luckily Camron's brother and cousin were able to come and help out last minute, and took care of things very nicely. I left for a doctor's appointment and when I came home the carpet was done! One step on the new carpet once I got home made all the stress and worry worth it. It is so nice to have such a nice new upgrade. Camron says it really feels like it's our home now. Later that night Camron's family and my mom came over to help put all the furniture back, and get everything back in working order. The best thing about all this mess, was that I was in the middle of my "nesting" period. Moving all the furniture made it really easy to dejunk, dust, clean and organize everything. It was fantastic. The neat freak in me thinks that the best part about the new carpet is that I can actually see where I vacuumed. It's the BEST!!
I'm grateful that Camron worked so hard to get everything done. It's nice to have so many of the upgrades finally done. Next year we'll work on the yard. Home ownership, it's a never ending project!
1 comment:
It looks awesome! I'm so jealous of your new carpet. I really wish we had the money to replace ours.
Post a Comment