So it's been about a million years since I last updated the blog. A lot has happened in the last couple of months. I'll try to give the Reader's Digest version!
Since little Hayden came early we were unable to have Stacey's baby shower like originally planned, because Stacey gave birth the day before her shower. That kind of messed up the plans a bit. So...I decided that instead of waiting for her shower I'd give her the present early. I saw one like it in a little quilt shop and decided I would try and copy it. I started working on it in July with hopes of finishing up before school started, but then got pneumonia and it was all down hill from there. I finally finished it about a week before Hayden was born. It didn't fray like I hoped, and these pictures don't really do it justice, but I still think it turned out pretty cute!
I officially finished my first year of nursing school and am moving on to my third semester in January. I get to learn how to do IV's this semester, so heaven help me and the classmates I get to practice on! I don't know how I survived these last few months. We had a lot of students fail out of one class or another but, myself and the small group of girls I study with did quite well. I'm truly blessed that I have been able to do so well. I have a wonderful supportive family who helps me whenever I need them to with taking care of Brycson so I can get my clinicals done and study time in. I joked around when I found out I was pregnant, that if Heavenly Father felt like I needed to have a child at this time in my life he better figure out a way to help me get through my schooling. He truly has, I don't have the time to study even half as much as some do, and I'm still able to keep up. I may not be the sharpest tool in the shed, but I'm surviving. Everything has fallen in to place with work situations, babysitting, and living situations. I will owe my Mother FOREVER for taking care of Brycson so much, my In-laws FOREVER for giving us a place to live, feeding us, and entertaining Brycson for hours on end when he just wants to see what Grandma and Grandpa are doing. Not to mention we have been sent one of the most laid back, pretty obedient, helpful kid. Brycson is an amazing kid and has been very little trouble, and that has helped a lot too. Camron and our families are really the only reason I've been able to survive thus far. I am so blessed.
** After reading through I thought I better add a last little "Knock on Wood," just to be safe! ;)**
Camron is still working at the plasma center. Fortunately his job is one that with the economy getting worse, his business is getting better. It means he is busier than ever and working a lot of extra hours, but it's better than the alternative. We're lucky that we are both not only working at jobs that are pretty stable right now, but are going into careers where we are pretty much guaranteed a job when we graduate! Camron tested with Weber fire a few weeks ago and passed the physical portion, now he's just waiting for a letter telling him whether or not to come and take the written test. He will also be applying for Unified Fire during this next month. He will continue to follow the firefighter path until his certs run out, but in the meantime....Camron is going back to school!! That's right folks we'll now have two college students to support! Camron will be starting prerequisite work for the nursing program in July. I'm really excited for him. He seems really excited about going back, and I think he will make an EXCELLENT nurse. He's very smart and retains information so well. I'm glad that I will be done and have my RN by the time he starts 'cause he'll get much better grades than me for sure.
Now on to our little Brycson. What can we say about this little busy body? He can still trash a freshly cleaned room in a matter of seconds, but is really good about helping clean up. He even sings a little clean up song with us. I'm amazed every day at how smart he is. We're really having to watch what we say and promise him. He'll repeat anything after only hearing it once, and this kid forgets nothing. If you make a promise to him you better darn well be willing to follow through, cause if you think he'll forget about it in a few minutes, you are WRONG!! He's talking a ton, he says words that I didn't even know he learned. The other day Grandma Kriste asked him where he got his nice hat and he told her "Walmart," very matter of factly. We were shocked! I'll post some more "Brycsonisms," as Anna puts it, later when I blog about Christmas. He's so much fun, and truly puts a million smiles a day on my little face. I can't imagine what our lives would be like without him.
As you can see our lives are pretty crazy right now. I just have to keep thinking that in the end it's all going to be worth it! We're all enjoying the short little break we have before we're thrown back into the school world again!
2 comments:
You guys have been busy! Congrats to Camron for going back to school and good luck with the firefighter positions!!! We can't wait to see you two tonight!
Congratulations on doing so well in Nursing school, and that is wonderful that Camron will be doing the same! Brycson is just as cute as ever, and I LOVE the quilt you made for Hayden. Wes's aunt made a similar quilt for Bethany when she was born and I loved the frays in it. :) I think yours turned out so cute! You're much more crafty that I am, that's for sure :)
Post a Comment