Camron's grandparents have a timeshare and it was our week in St. George a couple of weeks ago. We packed up and headed down. It was nice to get away and enjoy a little family time. This was Brycson's first vacation and I was a little worried about how he would do. He was wonderful on the car ride down. He watched a movie on the portable DVD player, took a nap and we were there! Our only incidence was with a Little Debbie Oatmeal Creme Pie. I figured that was simple enough for him to eat...you hold it and take bites, right? WRONG! That kid made the biggest mess, it was EVERYWHERE! I learned my lesson big time. Never underestimate what a child can do with the simplest of foods. The second thing I worried about was sleeping arrangements. I thought we would fight to the death about bed time. We kept our normal bedtime routine and put him in his pack-and-play, and left the room. Just like at home. He cried for 15 minutes the first night, and went right to bed the following nights. He slept through the night, and woke us up every morning with a nice little "HIIIII," and a smile. Can I just say we have such a good kid. We didn't do much, just relaxed. We went shopping one day and got some killer deals on summer clothes for Brycson for next year. Each item was 99 cents! We spent most of the time at the pool. We watched a lot of the Olympics and Brycson got very into it telling the track stars to "Run, Run, Run." and then clapping when it was over. It was pretty funny. It was a nice little getaway!
Our kid who once cried and cried at the sight of a pool is now becoming quite the swimmer!
He even got brave enough to jump off the side to Daddy!
The pool had an edge to sit on around part of it. It was perfect for Brycson to stand on and walk around the pool he loved it!
Takin' a little boat ride with Daddy!
Camron and I love this picture! We had a TV and DVD in our room so Brycson hung out in there most of the time. It was nice, the whole family wasn't stuck watching, Lion King, Nemo, Shrek, etc.
Back to School, Back to School!
The Wednesday after our St. George trip, school started back up again. It's bittersweet, I really, REALLY want to be done, but I really enjoyed my lazy summer. This semester is going to be so unbelievably busy, but I'm super excited because it's the semester of Labor and Delivery, Pediatrics and Medical/Surgical. I can't wait to do Labor and Delivery, I really think that's where I want to work when I'm done with school. I guess this semester will help me determine that for sure either way. I'm pretty much at school 6 days a week, yup that's right I even have to go on Saturday's for about 5 weeks. Crappy huh? I just have to keep telling myself it will all be worth it in the end. Wish me luck!
Mr. Domestic
Brycson's Grandma has a tiny iron she uses for quilting that is just Brycson's size, Grandpa found Aunt Anna's little ironing board and that was "all she wrote." He's been ironing up a storm, asking for shirts, and anything else he can iron. We thought Dad would have a fit when he got home and saw this, because he already thinks he spends way to much time copying girl things Mom does. But, surprisingly enough he though it was pretty cute!
Brycson's Blue Ribbon
So a few months ago I posted some pictures of Brycson helping Grandma and Grandpa in the garden. Most importantly I posted a picture of him helping Grandma planting beets. Well over the months Brycson has helped Grandpa weed and water the garden. His hard work paid off last week when Brycson entered his beets in the Stake Fair. He won First Place! We our so proud of our little gardener. All I can say is Grandma Petersen would be so proud!
Camron's 26th Birthday
We celebrated Camron's 26th birthday on August 24th. It was the first birthday he's celebrated by himself in a long time. (His brother Nic's birthday is the next day so they usually celebrate together. ) It was a really fun birthday for him, he got a lot of really good/useful stuff this year. He's been asking for a board game we played with Tyler and Jess ages ago called "Ticket to Ride." Every time we got paid he'd ask if we could buy it. I had planned on getting it for his birthday all along so I kept telling him "No." So we get it and I'm all excited for him to open it, but Brycson snuck his way into the living room while everyone was eating dinner and ripped the whole end of the present open. So you could see the name of the game without even opening it. So much for a surprise! Oh well, he still loved it anyway.
Reclining Camp Chair!
I worked all week on teaching Brycson how to sing "Happy Birthday." It was pretty jumbled but you could understand "Birthday Daaaaddyyyy!" Camron thought it was so cute!
Caught in the Act!
We have struggled with Brycson keeping his PJ's zipped up lately, he's constantly undressing himself. It's getting really annoying. On top of that he's now obsessed with taking his diaper off and taking care of a little personal scratching. What can I say, he's definitely a boy! So we finally bought a set of two piece PJ's that seemed to take care of the problem until they had to go in the wash. This is what I found when I went to get him up this morning. Little stinker!
7 comments:
Brennan did that too! And the only way to keep his clothes on was a onesie. Try it, it helped me alot :)
I'm so sorry you had Pneumonia :( I really hope you're feeling better!!! Brycson is so cute!! He is getting so big also, it seems like just yesterday I was over at your place holding him. Crazy! I'm glad you guys had a good time in St. george, I think you needed it before school started. Good luck with school this semester/year! Try not to work yourself too hard :)
I'm glad you're feeling better. It was fun to hear what other fun things you've been up to. I also love the cute picture of Brycson on the bed watching his own movies. He's such a cutie. The "personal scratching" pictures made me laugh. I don't know what I'll do if I ever have a boy. LOL. :)
What a cute little guy you have! It is so much fun to watch them grow and do all the different cute and funny things. I love the ironing picture. That is so great you are getting your degree, I keep thinking I want to go back. Well looks like a fun past month.
love the update aimdiggity!! I miss you girl... long time no see!! Let's get together sometime when your not crazy busy!! lol
Wow you guys have been very busy! Your family is so cute! I'm crossing my fingers that none of my kids will take off their clothes/diaper! Jake took off his diaper once, but that was b/c I didn't put any pants on him that night. lesson learned. He hasn't done it again (knock on wood).
I think Leo is getting more then he paid for in these pictures!!
Post a Comment